Before a friend can be registered, however, he or she must complete the process by registering your code on his or her Nintendo 3DS. If your friend on the other end neglects to complete this process, your friend's profile will look like an anonymous grey outline and his or her status will forever be stuck as a "Provisionally Registered Friend" (PVR). You can't exchange any kind of information with a PVR.
If you want to get rid of those unattractive-looking PVR profiles--or if you want to delete registered friends--you can follow these easy steps to delete a Nintendo 3DS Friend Profile.
- Turn on your Nintendo 3DS.
- Look near the top of the touch screen for the Friend List icon. It looks like an orange smiley face. Tap it.
- Look to the top of the touch screen again. On the left side of the "Register Friend" button, there's a "Settings" button. Tap it.
- When the menu pops up, choose "Delete Friend Card."
- Select the Friend Card you want to delete (PVR cards are at the very end of the queue).
- If you're sure you want to delete that Friend, tap "Yes" or press the "A" button. Otherwise, press "B" to back out.
- Say farewell!
What You Need
- A Nintendo 3DS